The SDSFF is all about the viewer’s experience.
As filmmakers ourselves, we understand the importance of the perfect venue, amazing HD projection and a lively crowd to complete the experience.
We are committed to providing the finest surf cinema experience and having another banner year.
In order to make everything smooth, please play close attention to the few rules and requirements we do have.
Give us a shout if you have any questions.
***And as a bonus, we dropped submission fees again.***
- Submission dates: January 1 – March 15, 2015.
- Submission forms must be complete.
- Deadlines cannot be changed.
- Short films are under 20 minutes.
- Short film submission fee: $20.
- Feature films are over 20 minutes.
- Feature film submission: $25.
- Films screeners must be submitted online and password protected.
- The SDSFF accepts payment through PayPal.
- Fee waivers are not available.
- Submission fee is non-refundable.
- More than one film may be submitted but each film submission must be accompanied by it’s own submission form and fee.
- Films produced in languages other than English must have English subtitles.
- The screening panels’ decisions are final.
***2015 SDSFF “OFFICIAL SELECTION” FILMS***
- SDSFF “OFFICIAL SELECTION” films will be announced April 6, 2015.
- All HD files must be received via hardrive or downloaded by April 20, 2015.
- All HD files must be in the following formats (.mov): ApplePro Res or H.264.
- 2 DVDs must be sent to the SDSFF for back-up. Please do not send master copies because we will not return them.
- Filmmakers will assume all shipping costs to the SDSFF and we will pay for return shipping.
- Filmmakers agree to the use of up to 3 minutes of their films for SDSFF promotion purposes.
- Filmmakers will receive 2 All-Access VIP Nautilus Passes and 4 additional tickets to their screening.
- We have Q&As, panels and workshops in addition to the festival selling out every year, so come join us for a good time.
- The SDSFF reserves the right to make any necessary changes in 2015 SDSFF scheduling to make everything run properly.
Thank you and good luck.
Pierce Michael Kavanagh