The SDSFF is all about the viewer’s experience.
As filmmakers ourselves, we understand the importance of the perfect venue, amazing HD projection and a lively crowd to complete the experience.
We are committed to providing the finest surf cinema experience and having another breakthrough year.
In order to make everything smooth, please play close attention to the few rules and requirements we do have.
Give us a shout if you have any questions.
***We only have a few rules. Unfortunately, if any of these rules are not followed we will have to remove your film from the SDSFF 2016 program.***
- Submission dates: January 1 – March 15th, 2016.
- Submission forms must be complete.
- Deadlines cannot be changed.
- Short films are under 20 minutes.
- Feature films are over 20 minutes.
- Films screeners and trailers must be submitted online and have to be downloadable. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Please read the line above AGAIN.
- More than one film may be submitted but each film submission must be accompanied by it’s own submission form.
- Films produced in languages other than English must have English subtitles.
- The screening panels’ decisions are final.
2016 SDSFF “OFFICIAL SELECTION” FILMS
- All Filmmakers will be notified by April 1st and HD film files must be received via hardrive or downloaded by April 15th, 2016.
- All HD files must be in the following formats (.mov): ApplePro Res or H.264.
- 2 DVDs must be sent to the SDSFF for back-up. Please do not send master copies because we will not be able to return them.
- Filmmakers will assume all shipping costs to the SDSFF and we will pay for return shipping.
- Filmmakers agree to the use of up to 3 minutes of their trailer/film for SDSFF promotion purposes.
- Filmmakers will receive 2 All-Access VIP Nautilus Passes and 5 additional tickets for each screening.
- Filmmakers agree to have their film played twice during the festival and future screenings if needed. (Best of the Fest, for example.) Any after-festival screenings will result in a 50/50 revenue split with the filmmaker(s).
- SDSFF 2016 “OFFICIAL SELECTION’ will be announced April 15th, 2016.
Thank you and good luck.
Pierce Michael Kavanagh
SDSFF Founder and Co-Director